Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Very Strange Dream

Last night I had a truly crazy dream. It was actually two dreams, and neither one of them turned out good! The first one was where I was somewhere on the coastline and a tsunami was coming. Everyone was panicking as we prepared for the disaster.

As waves were starting to roll in, someone handed me a small child who clung to me. So now not only did I have to save myself, I had to save this kid. I grabbed my boogie board, the one I bought in Gulf Shores, and I braced myself as the giant wave approached. I tried to put the kid on the boogie board, but it wasn't working.

The giant wave hit and I along with the whole town was swept up in the current. It was kind of a Titanic like scene minus the freezing cold water. Everyone was in chaos. I held onto the kid with all my might, but when the wave came I lost him. It was so powerful that I couldn't hold on no matter how hard I tried.

Then it was as if I totally forgot about the kid because I was just riding the waves on my board. We all rode the waves until we were in another town, and then all of a sudden the water level dropped as we entered the town. It was as if we knew the wave would come again.

I ran into a grocery store and started stuffing food in my pockets. Someone yelled at me to stop stealing, and I said that the whole place was going to be underwater in about five minutes so why did it matter? I ran from the store right as the wave came again, and I was once again riding the wave.

I woke up right after the second wave came, and I ended up falling back asleep immediately afterward. My next dream was where I was in a tattoo parlor. I got a tattoo of a shooting star on my left forearm, and for some reason the artist left off the star and only did the tail of the shooting star. I hated it, so I decided to try and cover it with another tattoo. I chose a tattoo that was a blue pattern, and said something about being loyal to your family. Why I would ever pick that, I don't know!

So the artist did the tattoo, and then he told me that the last tattoo was washable. It was just a joke. I was furious as I washed off the fake tattoo. So there I was, left with a crappy real tattoo I had gotten just to cover a tattoo that was not even real. I wanted to get it removed, but it cost too much money, and I would be left with a horrible scar. I ran from tattoo shop to tattoo shop trying to see if anyone could help me. No one could do anything for me.

Fortunately I woke up before I had a complete breakdown in my dream. Overall, it was a very eventful night! All my dreams are pretty crazy, and most of the time they don't make any sense. That's what makes them so great!

No comments: