Saturday, August 9, 2008

I Thought I Was Pretty Gangsta...Until I Looked in the Mirror and Realized I Was White

I will admit it.....When I am driving down the road, just cruising the streets, the music that I am listening to is most likely that of the rap/hip hop variety. I like listening to Soulja Boy, Flo Rida, and all the other "gangstas." If I am alone while driving, it is almost a guarantee that I am singing along. Even though I struggle to keep up, and I don't always know the words, I still sing at the top of my lungs. It makes me feel like a bad ass, even though I am about as far away from being a rebellious bad ass as they come. I am a white girl who was raised in the country. I don't think I even knew what the ghetto was until high school, but I enjoy the music nonetheless. I drive around for about an hour, and after listening to my music I feel like I can swing my hips, get low, and party until the a.m. Then as I enter my apartment and pass by the mirror, I realize that I am in fact white. I am by no means racist, but it is a fact that I have no chance at a rap career. I have no rhythm, I always lost at limbo, and most nights I am asleep by midnight. But I will continue to listen to my "gangsta" music, because it gives me hope that someday some stranger will look at me and think, "Woah, that chick is pretty bad ass." :D

No comments: