Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Talk

When reading the title of this post, you might think that I mean the talk about the birds and the bees. But alas, it was not that talk. I actually had that talk a long time ago, and it was very awkward. Maybe I will write about it someday, but for now let me focus on a different type of talk. This evening I went to my friend Amber's house who is going with me to Gulf Shores. While I was there we ate giant bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats and watched American Gladiators on DVR. We were just laughing and having a good time, when Amber's mom walks in. She then tells us to pause the television and that it is time we have a talk.

I frantically tried to think if I had done anything that I could be in trouble for. When I couldn't think of anything, I just sat there puzzled waiting for her mom to begin. She said that we needed to talk about our trip to Gulf Shores and a few rules she had for us. I was relieved to hear that I wasn't in trouble. Relaxing a bit in my chair I listened as she gave us the rules.

-No smelling perfume. (It might be drugged)
-Bring baseball bats to ward off any potential attackers.
- No sex.
-No drinking.
-No drugs. (This includes tobacco products.)
-You are not allowed to go anywhere on your own. (This includes the bathroom)
-Call often to check in. (Preferably every hour)
-No talking to strangers.
-Do not get in cars with strangers.
-Do not swim too far out.
-Use the walkie-talkies she will provide.


After hearing the rules and going back to our show, I reviewed them in my mind. I thought to myself that I should be able to follow all of them while on vacation.....ok, most of them. Smelling perfume can be quiet tempting. ; )

No comments: