Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Time for School

Tomorrow is my first day of college classes, so I decided that today I would go see where all my classes were. After all, I didn't want to be the idiot running down hallways asking everyone in sight how to get to classes. Ashly decided she wanted to go with me and find hers too.

When we got to OTC, I had to run in the book store to get one final book they had to order for me. Once I had the book in hand, we stood in the long line. I am sure we were quiet entertaining for anyone listening to our conversation. Ashly explained to me that it wasn't that hard to cook, and all you had to do was throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot, add some salt, and stir. She said her grandma could teach me all I needed to know about cooking, and I wouldn't even have to pay for the classes. Then she proceeded to tell me that I was so smart she thought I would become an astronaut, because of course, all smart people become astronauts.

After talking about how I should become an astronaut, she made me promise that I would go to the moon before I die. I said I would see what I could do. Then she told me that not only did she want me to become an astronaut, I had to build the rocket. I told her no biggie like it was no big deal and proceeded to check out.

As I was leaving, I turned around and noticed almost everyone in line was watching us. I am sure they thoroughly enjoyed our conversation in the book store. I could already tell that the short time we were on campus together was going to be interesting.

After running to my car and dropping off my book, we headed to student services so I could get my student id card and Ashly could get her schedule printed off. We got in the huge line and waited our turn. While waiting, an OTC helper came by and asked what we were waiting for. I told her, and she told me that the id card machine was broken at the moment and if we wanted to print Ashly's schedule we could just go to the computer lab as long as she knew her password. Thankfully she did, so we followed another chick who needed her schedule printed up the stairs to the lab.

While we were following the girl, she turned around and said that she had no clue where she was going. So that didn't really help us. We ended up asking someone for help, and they directed us the right way. After about ten minutes of searching, we did eventually find the lab and got Ashly's schedule printed off. We told the chick who had been searching with us goodbye, and we were on our way.

We spent the next hour going all over campus looking for classes, but it was a fun adventure traveling down many hallways that led in a circle and ending up in the wrong place almost everytime. We did eventually locate all of our classes though, so we will be ready come tomorrow when our classes start.

No comments: