Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Political Science Will Be the Death Of Me...

So today was my second joyous day in political science. I don't think anyone could truly understand how wonderful that class truly is until they actually sat through it with me, but I will try to give you an idea.

2:20-Arrive at class, sit one chair away from a chick who wasn't there last time. She says hi. I say hi back.

2:22-Eye patch man walks in...doesn't sit by me. Yay!

2:25-A friend of the chick sitting next to me walks in and sits directly behind us. They begin talking, and the chick next to me tells the girl to move up by her. The girl replies by saying that another friend is coming and looks at me. I offer to move down so the three musketeers can sit by each other. I am such a nice person.

2:30-Instructor walks in.

2:33-Attendance sheet is passed around

2:34-Start discussion where we left off

2:35-Two older chicks in front of room continually ask questions.

2:43-Two chicks continue to ask questions.

2:50-Instructor says that ten percent of our age group will vote in the next election...that means ten to twelve of us sitting in room will vote. There are only twenty something of us in class. Nice math skills.

2:53-Chicks continue to ask questions...getting on my nerves.

2:55-Had to go over which candidate is conservative and which is liberal.

3:00-Glance at clock. Are you kidding me? Only thirty minutes have gone by? What kind of sick joke is this? God help me.

3:08-Went over what Congress is....Clarified that Congress includes both the Senate AND the House of Representatives.

3:11-Ponder if projector screen cord is long enough to hang myself with.

3:15-Chicks still ask questions...I look around for something to throw at them.

3:18-One of the chicks get fired up about Native American rights...even though we are discussing something entirely different.

3:19-Other chick mentions that we gave Native Americans blankets with smallpox.

3:20-Instructor chuckles and says, "Yes, we did do that."

3:33-Instructor mentions something about a boy in his class not wearing socks and later on in his life he went to jail for murder.

3:40-Instructor says there will be a quiz next time over the material... I am so tempted to raise my hand and ask if the sock thing will be on it, but I refrain.

3:45-SWEET FREEDOM!

And that, was my political science class

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! That was waayyyy to funny.