Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Have Officially Doubled the Amount of People I Hang Out with in Springfield

It is true....I have officially doubled the amount of people I hang out with in Springfield. You may be asking "Did you go to a rad party?" but no, this is not the case. You see, it is easy to double the amount of people you hang out with when the original number is 1. lol

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my friend Melanie on Facebook, and I was telling her how I didn't have but like one friend in Springfield. She told me she knew a guy up here and would have him add me on Facebook as a friend. Sure enough, within the next 24 hours I had a request from this guy to be my friend. I added him and we started talking through the messaging on Facebook.

Finally after a week of talking online, we exchanged phone numbers and have been texting back and forth a lot. After about a week of just texting, we agreed to meet up on Monday (tonight). Well, I got home early in the afternoon yesterday and he texted me. I told him I was back and he asked if I wanted to do something that day. I agreed and got ready to go.

We met up in a parking lot, and we decided to go check out a corn maze. We had a hard time finding it, but eventually we made it. When we got there, we entered the corn maze thinking it would be easy, but it turned out to be pretty difficult seeing as we passed the same piece of corn four times. It was fun just talking and hanging out while trying to find our way out of the maze.

Once we had made it out of the maze about an hour later, we went to Arby's for supper. It was delicious after all that walking! Then we went to his apartment and just sat and talked. Eventually, his friend came over and we all decided to head to his friend's apartment to watch a movie.

When we got to the friend's apartment, we went inside and quickly decided that we wanted a Fruitista from Taco Bell. We walked across the street and got our tastey treats before finally settling in and watching The Love Guru.

After the movie was over, my new friend took me back to my car. It was definitely a fun night, and I didn't get home until two thirty in the morning.

Today I got a text from my friend asking if I wanted to hang out again tonight. I agreed and he said he would be over after his class got over at seven. We hung out at my apartment for awhile. He loved Puggy, and believe me, she loved him. He played fetch with her for like a hour.

We decided to watch a movie, and he asked if I had ever seen Star Wars. I said that I had not, and he was appalled. He said that we had to go rent it. He didn't see how I could have made it this far in my life without watching Star Wars. So we got in the car and went and got the movie.

Once we were back at my apartment, we watched Star Wars and played with Puggy some more. I tried not to fall asleep, because I was still tired from the previous night. I am officially no longer a Star Wars virgin.

After the movie was over we said good night, but we have plans to hang out again tomorrow night. I am definitely excited. I am glad I have another friend here in Springfield to hang out with instead of sitting at home bored every night!

No comments: