Saturday, September 27, 2008

Going Home...

This weekend I took a much needed break from the every day routine of life in Springfield and headed back home to good ol' Willow Springs. I was very excited to come home and see my family and friends. When Puggy and I arrived at my house, no one was home. Mom called and said she was on her way home from work. I had to go though to meet Amber for lunch, so I left Puggy for mom to puppy sit and left.

When I got to Willow, I had to stop at my former place of employment, Town and Country, to get batteries. When I went in, all of the workers were excited to see me, even my former boss who asked me if I was ready to come back and work for him again. I just laughed.

After leaving Town and Country, I went to Pizza Americana to meet Amber for lunch. When we walked in, we were greeted by three of our former classmates. We went over to their table and said hi and exchanged hugs. After eating with our friends, we all went outside to watch the homecoming parade. It was a blast yelling and cheering for every float. We may have looked like idiots, but at least we got candy!

After the parade, I went back home and saw my family, minus my brother who was getting ready for the football game. Once it was 6o'clock, I headed back to Willow where I dropped Puggy off at my grandma's and picked up Amber for the game. I had fun at the game getting to watch my brother play, even though we lost. I also liked catching up with some of my friends.

That night after the game, Amber and I went to McDonalds and ate chicken nuggets. I was highly disappointed when I was told that the chicken nuggets I had thought my whole life had looked like little Missouris, actually looked more like the United States. It was devastating.

Anyway, after McDonalds, Amber and I went to Carl's house and hung out. All I can say is that it was one of the most hilarious nights of my entire life. God bless my best friend. Unfortunately, around 11:30 I had to leave, because I had to pick up my brother from the homecoming dance. After getting Joseph, I was exhausted and fell right asleep when I got home.

This morning I woke up to the smell of biscuits and gravy. Oh how I miss this. Mom made a delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and homemade blueberry muffins. No matter how many cooking classes I take, I will always like my mom's cooking best!

After eating breakfast and getting dressed, I headed to Willow to hang out with Amber. The day was filled with many activities. We cleaned her car (she sprayed me with the water gun thingy at the the car wash on accident). We rode the four wheeler in circles in her yard. We cruised town...she drove while I sat in the passenger seat wearing a four wheeler helmet. We had a scrumptious picnic lunch in the park. We roamed Alco...I bought fake tattoo sleeves which I wore for the rest of the day. We finger painted. We cruised again...this time I drove. Overall, it was a very exciting day.

Once I had said goodbye to Amber, I drove back to Pomona and hung out with my family for the rest of the evening. We had a campfire and roasted hotdogs. We watched a movie and just enjoyed each other's company. It was a great time.

Sadly, tomorrow I will be heading back to my Springfield apartment. I love Springfield, but everytime I come home it is always hard to leave. I love my family and friends, and I definitely do miss them. I am very thankful I got the chance to come down and see them again. I look forward to the next time I can come home and sit around a campfire or finger paint with my best friend. : )

No comments: