Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dumpster Diving...

Oh yes, today I had the joy of dumpster diving. I cleaned my apartment for the first time in like two months today. (It looks totally amazing now!) I had everything done, except taking out the trash. Well, I loaded myself up and headed to the dumpster. I had three whole garbage bags, if that gives you any idea how trashy my apartment had become. I threw them in the dumpster and came back inside to get ready for my culinary class.

I changed into my chef's uniform and grabbed my keys to go. I looked around for my wallet, but it was no where to be found. Then I realized something. I had gotten Wendy's for lunch, and I had thrown my wallet into the Wendy's bad when I brought it inside my apartment. By that point, the Wendy's bad was in one of the magical three trash bags.

After realizing where my wallet was, I knew I had to go dumpster diving. I was disgusted with the thought, but I had to get my wallet back. So, I went outside and grabbed the three bags out of the trash. Naturally they all had gross crap on them by them. I started going through them one by one until I found the Wendy's sack. Relieved, I opened it up and guess what. My wallet wasn't there!

I searched the rest of the bag, but I still couldn't find the missing wallet. After a little while, I knew I had to be leaving to get to class, so I threw the bags back into the dumpster. The wallet had to be somewhere in my apartment. I went through every single bag. I just resolved to look for it later when I got back from class.

Coming back inside to wash my hands, I walked into the bedroom portion of my junior suite to get my bag, and I happened to look up. There it was. My wallet was on the top shelf of my shelf divider thingy. I said some choice words, and grabbed my wallet as I headed out the door. I had gotten all gross going through the trash for nothing! Ugh.

No comments: