Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Political Science is Slowly Sucking Out My Soul

As you may have read before, my political science class is an absolute box of fun. I can't think of any other way I would want to spend an hour and fifteen minutes twice a week. Every single day in there is a joy. Here are the notes from today's class:

2:21-Long talk about sharks between the two people in front of me.

2:25-The three chicks next to me all compare to see who has the most key terms done. Apparently it is a fierce competition.

2:27 Two people in front of me start to talk about McDonalds. They get really fired up about it. One chick mentions, "If it tastes good, you should eat it."-I would have to disagree along with the many nutritionists in the world who would go nuts if they heard that statement.

2:30-Instructor walks into room.

2:31-Two ladies in front of room begin to ask questions.

2:37-Instructor says something about how the Chicago police gets the job done and a lot of heads being busted.

2:39-Instructor mentions something about women truck drivers. I note that every single example he gives, I wasn't alive for. He refers to the 70s as being a few years ago.

2:45-We discuss good Japs and bad Japs....and how we should start using gold again instead of paper money. I think I will pass on that one.

2:49:-Two chicks in front of room ask more questions. I am already counting down the days until I am done with this class.

2:51-HUGE debate started over whether or not wearing seatbelts and helmets if driving a motorcycle should be a law. Most of the class thinks it shouldn't be a law....I thank God I am not wearing my Arrive Alive shirt today.

2:53-Healthcare lady in front of room argues with chick in my row (same chick who told me the Constitution quiz was easy.) Healthcare lady argues that it should be a law because we have to absorb the costs of the injuries as we pay insurance premiums.-a valid point I think. The chick in my row argues that it is their choice and if they get in a wreck, they have to deal with the consequences. Healthcare lady tries to point out that in the end we all end up paying for it through insurance. Chick in my row keeps arguing the same thing. She is obviously not getting it....but all the power to her for being opinionated.

2:55-The battle rages on.

2:57-Eye patch man says that there are some places the government shouldn't intervene and seatbelts are one of them.

2:59-Girl in back of room gives the statistic that just as many people die when they are wearing their seatbelts in an accident than when they don't.-What the hell?

3:00-Healthcare lady goes nuts over the previous statement.

3:02-Look at clock. What did I do to deserve this? What kind of sick joke is this?

3:03-Debate switches to be about health insurance.

3:04-Chick in my row says something about how she has a disease and is having to pay ten thousand out of pocket....totally irrelevant to the current discussion...I am sure she isn't paying it either. I am sure it is her parents.

3:07-New debate begins....No Child Left Behind...everyone who voices their opinion is against it, yet somehow they manage to argue with eachother! SHUT UP already!

3:10-Somehow the discussion went from liberals and conservatives to school breakfast.

3:15-Another new debate...lowering the drinking age. Most people agree it should be lower, except chick in my row. She argues that it won't be any better. Guy with no shoes on argues that in Europe they have almost no problems from having a lower drinking age and it would remove the exciting feeling of it being illegal. Girl in my row changes her argument and is now for lowering the drinking age...am I seriously the only one who noticed that she totally changed her opinion?

3:17-Instructor is laughing. He is thrilled at the debate. He says we are his most opinionated class. Yippee.

3:20-Instructor says, "Conservatives and liberals are not evil."-Thank you for clarifying...I was really worried there for a minute.

3:25-Worksheet time!!!!!

3:26-Start to go over worksheet together, which means that the instructor talks about each question and gives the answer. Neat.

3:45-SWEET FREEDOM! God Bless my class.

No comments: