Friday, September 12, 2008

I JUST GOT MY SECOND FREAKING TATTOO!!!!

So, I just got my second tattoo! I was just sitting at home today, looking at white ink tattoos, and I decided that I wanted one. Tonight after my brother's football game, I went to the tattoo parlor just to ask whether or not they did white ink tattoos. They said they did. I also asked if I would have to make an appointment. The owner of the shop asked what I wanted, and I told him that I wanted "Just Write" on the inside of my right ankle in white ink. He said that they could do it right then if I wanted. I thought about it a minute, and then I just thought, "What the hell, why not?" I said ok and before I knew it, I was filling out the paperwork. He quickly made up the design on the computer, and I loved it. He printed it off and got it to the size I wanted just as I was finishing up signing the release form. I stood there for a minute waiting for them to get ready, when he turned to me and asked if I wanted the UV Reactive ink instead of the white ink. He said that it won't show up as bright during the day as the white would, but for twenty dollars more, I could have a tattoo that glows under a blacklight. I have seen them on the internet before, and they are pretty sweet. So after a little debate in my mind, I agreed to get the UV ink. As they were getting everything ready, I talked to the wife of the owner of the shop. She was great! She asked if I was a writer, and I said that I was working on my first book. She said that I should include the tattoo experience in my book, and I said that it would be a great idea. I told her that if my book with her in it got published I would give her a copy. She was thrilled about that! Anyway, right after that conversation, they were ready for me, and I nervously went back to the chair. Even though I had gotten one tattoo already, I was still scared! Five minutes later, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. It was over. It hurt more than my first tattoo, but not too much more. After getting the aftercare instructions, I paid and left. When I first sat in my car feeling the sting of the fresh tattoo, I had to take a moment just to calm down and let reality sink in. I just got another tattoo!!!! It was so random. I love it so much! I can't wait to see how it looks under the black light when I take off the bandage! Hopefully I can post a picture really soon too!

No comments: