Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wedding Dress Shopping

Today was a day filled with many dresses. This morning around 9:30 I met my best friend, Amber, and her mom, aunt, and grandma in Mansfield so they could pick me up and we could drive to Lebanon to look at wedding dresses for Amber. I am happy for Amber, and I am excited to be the maid of honor, but wedding dress shopping really isn't my thing. I told Amber that we were getting the first one she tried on so she had to choose wisely. Unfortunately she did not fall in love with the first one she tried on. I was a good friend though, and I sat there patiently as each dress was tried on.

Eventually, though she did find a dress she loved. It was absolutely beautiful. After picking out the dress, she picked out a veil and all of the other accessories that she needed. As we all sat there, her family talked about their weddings and about the future wedding. I was even asked if it made me want to get married watching Amber try on all of the gorgeous dresses. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but the answer is no. I don't plan on getting married for quite some time, if I ever do get married.

Later on I was mentioning how I felt to Amber and she said, don't worry Jordan, you will get married someday. Obviously I wasn't clear. I am not worried that I won't get married. I don't know if I want to get married for a long time if I even do. Who knows what the future will bring, but for now I am perfectly content living the single life. I am happy for Amber, and I wish nothing but the best for her and Carl, but as for me, Puggy is enough of a companion right now! : )

No comments: