Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Fun Homework Assignment

For a homework assignment in my food prep class, we are required to go to an outside event and write a report on our experience. A couple of my classmates and I decided to meet up and go to the Springfield Grocer's food show today at 11am. I didn't really know what to expect.

About half an hour before the show, I threw on my chef's jacket and headed to the show. When I got there, I saw the other two people who I was meeting and we went inside. We went to the registration booth and signed in. We got a big bag and a packet of coupons and brochures for different booths.

We entered the food show and our nostrils were overwhelmed with all of the different scents. It smelled absolutely amazing. We started in one corner and worked our way through the rows trying all of the various samples and grabbing all of the prepackage food we could to take home. Then someone came up and said that they had met Christina from Hell's Kitchen and had her sign their shirt. I immediately forgot all of the yummy treats and made it my personal mission to find Christina. I went to the booth where I could get a free shirt, grabbed the shirt, and nearly sprinted to Christina. If you know me, you know that Hell's Kitchen is my favorite show ever. I watched every single episode last season and Christina was definitely my favorite!

I got in line to meet her, and I mentioned to another person standing in line that I was probably going to be one of those psycho obsessed fans who security has to pull off of the celebrity. Apparently Christina heard me, because she said that I worried her. When I got up to her I said that knowing my luck her sharpie would run out of ink and she smiled and said that she had more. She asked where I was going to school and what year I was in. I told her that I was going to OTC, and I was just in my first semester. She said that she remembered her first days of cooking and told me to stick with it. I thanked her and walked away, totally stunned that I had just met the person I had watched on tv every Tuesday night in the spring!

As the for the rest of the food show, well, nothing could compare to meeting Christina. But I did eat my way through the show, and left with a bag that weighed nearly thirty pounds. Overall, it was a good day, and I know I have plenty of writing material for my report! : D

No comments: