Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Love Yard Sales!

This morning I was awakened to the sound of my phone vibrating to signal that I had a new text message. I looked and saw that it was from Rachel. She told me that she was yard saling with her sister and wanted me to come. I was pumped! I love yard sales. You never know what you will find.

After taking a quick shower and throwing on some clothes, I went outside to wait for them to pick me up. We went to yard sale after yard sale, following all of the neon colored signs that guided the way. We dealt with nice people who were just looking to get rid of stuff and the mean ladies who were in it to make a profit. After 4 hours of going to countless yard sales, I came home with the following:

-A wine cooler (not the drink, the actual refrigerator)...it was free
-A 1970s model lazy boy recliner (somehow I managed to fit it in my car)...it was also free
-A Gigapet
-Pocohantus VHS tape
-The Sixth Sense VHS tape
-A Beautiful Mind VHS tape
-Meet the Fockers DVD
-DC Talk CD
-The Mummy Returns VHS
-2 Christmas music cassettes
-5 packs of glow in the dark stars
-4 giant candy canes with complimentary spool of ribbon
-A light up sign that says "Bar Open"
-A gold medal that reads "I said my 50 states and capitals 2002"
-A book...not quite sure of the title
-A magic set
-Monopoly game
-Cabbage Patch Kids game
-Dracula puzzle
-A set of 4 cups

All of this was under fifteen dollars total....Overall, not a bad day of yard saling! : )

No comments: