Tuesday, October 14, 2008

If College Isn't Going to Teach Me Anything, Then I'm Going to Teach Myself

If you know me or have read any of my previous posts about college, you know that it hasn't been the most challenging thing ever. While my culinary classes and nutrition class are very informative, my other two classes are proving to be a complete waste of time. I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and just roll with the punches but they are seriously sucking out my soul each day I am there. I am not learning anything new or of value. Anyway, yesterday I was sitting in the library center and I was working on nutrition crap, when an idea hit me. Why not teach myself? I don't know what I want to do with my life yet besides write, and believe me that isn't coming along great so I think it is time I explore other options. I have decided that I am going to read nonfiction books on a variety of subjects to gain knowledge about everything. For example, say I was reading a book on psychology. Well, after I finish that book, I might choose a book on how to knit. I want to learn as much as I can. I am the kind of person who gets bored very easily and has to move on to new subjects so this knowledge enhancing plan is perfect for me! I may not be an expert on any one subject, but rather I will probably end up being the weird person who is filled with useless knowledge. That's okay with me though! I will keep you, my faithful blog readers updated on my various undertakings and the many books I plan to read!

No comments: