Saturday, November 1, 2008

A McCain Campaign, Hotdog, and a Pot Head

This year for Halloween I went home to Willow Springs to take Puggy trick or treating. I know I am in college, but I just can't pass up the opportunity to dress up in a costume! It is so much fun! I decided that for Halloween I was going to be a pot head. Okay, so I wasn't the type of pot head that comes to mind. I wasn't the pot head who was high off marijuana. Instead, I was a different type of pot head. I was Johnny Appleseed.

To pull off this fabulous costume, I went to Munch in Willow to find the perfect attire. I decided to get a plaid shirt and suspenders. When I got to my house, I cut up a pair of my jeans and the shirt I had bought at Munch. When I put on the pants and shirt along with the suspenders and some boots, I looked pretty good, but not complete. What completed the look was the kitchen pot I wore on my head. To finish off the outfit, I made a bag of "seeds" and tied it to my waist. I was fit to go.

When I got to Willow Springs, I stopped by my grandma's house to eat supper. While there, I got Puggy ready to go trick or treating by putting on her adorable hotdog costume. After leaving my grandma's, I went to get Amber. I was kind of disappointed she didn't wear a costume, but she did get decked out in her McCain and Palin stuff so it was okay. She had also made flyers in support of McCain to hand out along the way. She was on a mission to get the whole town to vote for John McCain. I was on a mission to get candy.

We spent the rest of the night traveling from house to house handing out flyers. I only ended up with like five pieces of candy. Apparently people are reluctant to give college age kids any candy. : ( Everyone did comment on how cute Puggy was though, and we did get the word out about McCain, so it was all worth it in the end. Overall, it was a good Halloween, and I am glad I got to spend it back home with the people I love! : )

No comments: