Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One in the Morning Fun

So tonight I hung out with a couple of my friends, and we watched The Exorsist. Don't ask me how they got me to watch it. I HATE scary movies. I can literally count the number of scary movies I have seen in my lifetime on one hand. But anyway, after being freaked out, scared, and spending most of the movie hiding my face behind a pillow, I was ready to go home. My friend Katie had brought me to Daymon's house so I had to rely on her for a ride home. Well, she basically passed out and fell asleep. Thankfully, Daymon offered to take me home.

After telling Daymon bye, I went inside my house and was greeted by my psycho puppy. Not long after sitting my stuff down, I decided that I needed a drink (not alcoholic). So I jumped in my car and drove to the Kum and Go just down the street even though it was one in the morning. I went inside and paid for my Dr. Pepper.

When I left the store, I saw a guy probably around thirty to thirty five years old scratching lottery tickets against the propane tank cage. He was kind of creepy. I had to walk past him to get to my car so I just walked off of the sidewalk and went directly towards my car. Well as I passed him, he asked how I was. I told him I was fine and asked if he was having a good night. He said that it was going okay and I made the comment that it would probably be a lot better if he won. He chuckled at my statement as I started to get in my car.

Then he surprised me. He asked if I was single. I panicked, but within a second came to my senses and said that I wasn't single at the moment. He looked disappointed as I got into my car and told him to have a good night. After that fun conversation, I went home and drank my soda happily.

One in the morning is definitely an interesting time in Springfield. Surely God will forgive me for that lie. Being asked out by a creepy man who was probably twice my age at one in the morning outside of a gas station is not my idea of romance!

No comments: