Friday, January 9, 2009

Back to Ordinary

Well, Christmas break has come and went. It went by too fast if you ask me. But anyway, I am once again ready to have class on Monday morning. The only difference is that this semester I will be dragging my butt out of bed at a much earlier hour. I have to be at class at 7 o'clock....every day. Ugh. Why did I bring this torture on myself? Was I high when I made my schedule? I mean, seriously, who schedules a 7 o'clock class every freaking morning?! Apparently, I do. Blah. Anyway, despite being upset by having to get up at such an ungodly hour, I am excited about the coming semester. I will be taking 18 credit hours. My classes include: Computers (blah), Lifetime Wellness (I feel the need to mention that the book for this class was specially made for OTC, so the class should be a joyous event), Abnormal Psychology (I am actually stoked about this class), Intro to Philosophy (I am excited about this one as well), Intro to Chemistry (I have to do math which will suck), and Honors (hopefully, I live up to what is expected of me). I hope this semester is more enjoyable than my last.

Tomorrow I will be traveling back to good ol' Springfield. I am ready to be back to being on my own. Being home for so long is wearing me thin. I love my family, but being here so long has served as a reminder of why I wanted to be on my own in the first place.....for the freedom. I am ready to once again have the freedom to go and come as I please, the freedom to do what I want, when I want, the freedom to not wear pants in the house (just kidding on that one).

So am I ready to go back to school? Yes. Am I ready to leave Pomona? Yes. Will I miss my family? Yes. Do I still want to drop out of school and leave the country? Yes. (I don't think that one will ever change.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great semester. Don't drop out. Don't flunk honors. And really, I think your days are anything but ordinary.